There was a time for companies, whether small, medium, or large, and regardless of their legal form, where it was enough to simply have the most minimalist logo possible. A few lines and a few shapes were enough at the time because we easily had an image with prospects in our sector of activity. Today, in 2022, things have changed. The Business World has indeed evolved over all these decades and the old archaic methods are no longer relevant.
We now live in a society where the consumer no longer buys the product but the seller. Companies must therefore make their images and their products or services even more attractive in order to attract more customers. Thanks to Zippia who reminds us that 75% of people recognize a brand by its logo, so it is crucial for any for-profit company to reach the remaining 25%.
The Symbiosis between Logo and Brand Image
In an ever more consuming and materialistic society, with ever greater demands in terms of quality, you must put all your resources into action in order to meet the need for it. As I mentioned earlier in this guide, previously it was enough to draw a few pencil lines yourself and insert our company name in small print in order to have a logo. Branding is not just the logo you design, the font you use, or the products you sell. It’s all these things and much more. It’s the customer experience you provide.
Over the years, studies have shown that the more companies put more and more effort into their logo, whether visually with exceptional print quality or bright colors, or with a font. corresponding to the business area of the company, they obtain better results in direct sales but also in word-of-mouth. Indeed, it is important to note that the average lifespan of a logo is approximately ten years. Over time, the concept of branding has emerged and since then, companies have been spending hundreds of thousands of dollars each year to constantly improve their branding. When consumers buy from brands, they put their trust in them.
To have an optimal brand image, it is no longer enough today to arrange your website in the colors of your logo. No, now it is imperative for a company to have a visual connection between all its elements whether they are visual or not. The key is to think for a moment, identify a theme around your business and then connect all the elements with a visual for all platforms, whether it’s a website and social networks.
A Competitive World
As I told you in the first paragraph of this blog post, a few years ago, to start doing business, you needed a company name and a small minimalist logo. Unfortunately, in our time, there are more and more competitions in different fields. In addition, with television, our cell phones and the radio, we are constantly bombarded with information and therefore it is more difficult for a company to stay ahead of the prospect so that he or she comes back either to our sales platforms or is directly store.
This is where the importance of having a polished brand image comes into play.
More than 87% of companies perform better with a well-designed and well-thought-out brand image. Indeed, these are often better retained in the memory of their prospect and therefore often return to visit the brand.
The Relationship Between Consumers and Branding
Consumers want to know your business, and one of the best ways is through your brand. Keeping a consistent brand image helps customers position you as a business, and makes it easier for them to remember you or associate with your brand. In order to fully understand the last sentences and the link that unites consumers to your brand image, we share with you these few important data:
First Impressions Matter for Your Brand
It takes 1/10th of a second to form a first impression of someone. But we know that people are way more than just their first impressions. When it comes to your brand, it’s better not to risk it. It takes about 50 milliseconds (0.05 seconds) for people to form an opinion about your website.
How many times have you stumbled across a website and had a feeling that it hadn’t been touched since the 90s? We’re guessing more than a few.